One of the most confusing things about playing at NZ casino sites is how the payment process works and what banking options are the best for Kiwi players. The best online casinos that accept NZ players offer several banking methods, including credit cards, electronic wallets, prepaid vouchers, bank transfer, cryptocurrencies, and others.
Choosing the most convenient method can sometimes take time especially if you are playing at an online casino for the first time. That’s why we have put together this NZ casino payment method guide for your benefit.
Credit/Debit Cards – All the online casinos in our NZ online casinos list allow players to deposit and withdraw with Visa, MasterCard, Maestro, and Amex credit cards, debit cards, and prepaid cards. Some online casinos also allow you to use virtual credit cards as banking options. Almost all Kiwi players know how to pay with a credit card, which makes this one of the most popular casino payment methods in New Zealand.
Electronic Wallets – Visit the banking section of any of our recommended NZ online casinos and you will find a list of electronic wallets such as PayPal, Skrill, Neteller, and ecoPayz. You can use electronic wallets to deposit and withdraw easily, conveniently, safely, and anonymously at NZ online casinos.
Cryptocurrencies – Licensed NZ online casinos that support cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, Dogecoin, Litecoin, and Tether along with fiat currencies are fast gaining popularity. Cryptocurrencies are anonymous payment methods that allow you to make instant deposits and withdrawals free of charge.
Bank Transfer – The oldest and most reliable banking method in the industry, Bank Transfer is mostly available as a withdrawal option at online casinos. If you deposited with a method that doesn’t support payouts, you can withdraw your winnings with Bank Transfer. However, bank transfer withdrawals are expensive and take anywhere between 7 to 21 days to reach you, depending on the online casino.
POLi – Available at all NZ online casinos, POLi is a local payment method that all Kiwis know and trust. It is a free service that allows you to transfer funds directly from your bank account to your casino gaming account. Unfortunately, it does not support payouts.
Mobile Casino Payment Methods – The latest technology enables you to top-up your NZ casino gaming account on your mobile phone. You can download apps for popular eWallets such as PayPal, Neteller, and Skrill. Alternatively, you can pay by phone bill. Your deposit amount will be either deducted from your prepaid balance or added to your next phone bill.
Prepaid Vouchers – Visit the nearest outlet and purchase Neosurf or PaySafeCard vouchers. Fund your account using the PIN on the voucher. These methods do not support payouts. Moreover, you cannot deposit large amounts using prepaid vouchers.
Below are detailed guides to using the following casino payment methods:
Find out how to make deposits and withdrawals at online casinos using each of these methods and learn about their pros and cons.
NZ online casinos offer Visa and MasterCard credit/debit cards as casino payment methods. You can also deposit with virtual credit cards at some online casinos. Usually, top NZ online casinos do not charge players for depositing and withdrawing with credit cards, but some casinos charge a transaction fee of 2.5% of the amount deposited or withdrawn. The exact fee and the limits per transaction depend on individual casinos’ banking policies.
Kiwi consumers widely use credit and debit cards as payment methods at offline and online stores. Almost all Kiwis are familiar with credit cards and know how to use them. Using credit cards is safe and secure because of MasterCard SecureCode and Verified by Visa. Both features protect NZ online casino players by preventing unauthorized access to their cards. If you enrol for these services, you have to enter a one-time PIN, which the system sends to your registered mobile phone number or email address, to complete the transaction.
• Sign up at an NZ online casino that accepts Visa & MasterCard credit/debit cards.
• Login to your account and navigate to the cashier section.
• Choose Visa or MasterCard as your preferred banking method.
• Enter your card details, including the name of the card holder, card expiry date, card number, and CVV number.
• Enter your deposit amount, confirm the details you have just entered, and complete the transaction.
• Credit and debit card deposits are instant and the funds will soon reflect in your account.
• If you live in New Zealand, you shouldn’t find it difficult to withdraw your winnings to your Visa or MasterCard credit card. However, you may have to wait up to 48 hours to see the funds in your account.
• Simple and easy to use
• Safe, secure, and reliable
• Fast transactions
• Enter your card details only once
• Supports deposits and withdrawals
• You may not feel comfortable with revealing your card details to the online casino.
• Some online casinos charge for credit card transactions.
• Since you are using credit, you may run into credit card debts if you are unable to control your casino spending. To prevent this, you may use debit cards as the money is deducted from your savings account.
PayPal is an online wallet and payment processor with 325 million active users from all over the world. The service is available in 200+ markets worldwide, allowing merchants and consumers to receive money in 100+ currencies, withdraw money in 56 currencies, and hold a balance in 25 currencies. This financial company was launched in December 1998 and has its corporate headquarters in San Jose, California.
PayPal presents a safe, secure, anonymous, and reliable way to make deposits and withdrawals at online NZ casinos. To use PayPal, you have to first create a PayPal account and load it with funds using any of the payment methods that it supports. You have to then find a PayPal online casino that accepts Kiwi players and create a gaming account at that online casino.
Here is a simple guide to using PayPal as a casino payment method:
• Log in to your casino gaming account.
• Visit the banking section of the online casino.
• Choose PayPal as your preferred payment method.
• Input the amount you want to deposit.
• The system will take you to the PayPal website where you can log in and complete the payment.
You don’t need to maintain funds in your PayPal wallet if you have linked your PayPal account to your bank account. In this case, PayPal will directly transfer your money from your bank account to your gaming account.
You can use PayPal as a casino withdrawal method too. The online casino will instantly credit your winnings to your PayPal account. Once your winnings are in your PayPal account, you can move them to your bank account. Usually this transfer is instant, but in some cases, it may take up to 72 hours for the money to reach your account.
Using PayPal at online casinos is free of charge. However, PayPal may charge you based on your preferred deposit/withdrawal method and country of residence.
• PayPal is available at top NZ online casinos.
• Using PayPal is easy.
• PayPal transactions are fast, safe, and secure.
• You have to open an account at PayPal to use its services.
• PayPal may charge fees depending on your preferred banking method and country of residence.
• PayPal is not available at all NZ online casinos.
You can use your Skrill online wallet to make deposits and withdrawals at your favourite NZ online casino. If you have used PayPal, you will find it easy to use Skrill as both financial services are similar.
You have to open a Skrill account, which is free of charge, and load it with funds using any of the banking methods Skrill accepts. You can then transfer money between your Skrill account and your casino gaming account. If you prefer using your mobile phone, you can download the Skrill app and use it to make deposits and withdrawals at online casinos.
Does Skrill charge fees for using its services? NZ players have to pay a fee of 2.5% for depositing funds in their Skrill account. If you withdraw money from your Skrill wallet using Visa, the fee is 7.5%; and if you withdraw it through Swift, you have to pay a fee of NZ$8.53.
The following Skrill transactions are free of charge:
• Using Skrill Money Transfer to send money to an international bank account
• Receiving funds into your Skrill wallet
• Using your Skrill wallet to deposit money into your NZ casino gaming account
• Log in to your NZ Skrill casino account and visit the cashier.
• Choose Skrill as your deposit option.
• Indicate the amount you want to deposit.
• The system takes you to the Skrill website, where you can log in to your Skrill wallet and complete the transaction.
Skrill supports payouts; so you can use it to withdraw your winnings. The transfer is usually instant, but in some cases, it may take up to two working days. You can later withdraw your winnings from your Skrill wallet to your bank account.
• Skrill banking is fast, easy, secure, and anonymous.
• Skrill is widely accepted at top NZ online casinos.
• Online casinos do not charge you for using Skrill as a banking method.
• Using Skrill is not free of charge.
Neteller is an online payment processor, which allows you to transfer money to any part of the world and access your money in an instant. If you transact on your mobile phone most of the time, you can download the Neteller app.
Today, Neteller has more than 23 million active users from all over the world. To use Neteller, you have to create a free account and add funds using any of the multiple deposit options it supports. You can now use your loaded Neteller wallet to make deposits and withdrawals at Neteller online casinos that accept NZ players.
On the downside, Neteller is not a free service. You have to pay a fee of 2.5% to load funds into your Neteller wallet.
As for withdrawals from your Neteller wallet, here are the fees:
• Bank Transfer – US$10
• Member Wire – US$12.75
• Merchant Sites – Free
• Money Transfer – 1.45%
• Net+ Prepaid MasterCard – 0 – 1.75%
• Login to your Neteller NZ online casino and navigate to the cashier.
• Choose Neteller as your preferred casino payment method.
• Input Neteller account details such as ID number.
• Neteller fund transfers are instant.
Neteller supports payouts. Usually, Neteller withdrawals are instant, but in some cases, you may have to wait for up to two hours to see your casino winnings in your Neteller account. You can then withdraw your money to your bank account or your Net+ prepaid MasterCard.
• Neteller is safe and secure.
• Using Neteller is very easy.
• Neteller is widely accepted at top NZ casino sites.
• You can use Neteller without revealing your personal details to the online casino.
• Neteller is not a free service; charges apply.
ecoPayz is a payment service that allows you to make online casino deposits from any part of the world, including New Zealand. The method is safe, reputed, and secure and includes the following services:
• Open an ecoAccount that serves as an online wallet and use it to make online casino deposits and withdrawals.
• Apply for the ecoPayz MasterCard, top it using your ecoAccount, and use it just like a MasterCard at NZ casino sites.
• Use the ecoVirtualCard to fund your casino account. It works just like a MasterCard, but expires after you fund your account.
Using ecoPayz at NZ online casinos is free, but the service charges fees and has limits. The ecoAccount has five levels—Classic, Silver, Gold, Platinum, and VIP—and the fees to top-up your account depend on your level and preferred payment method. The same applies to other ecoPayz services such as ecoCard, ecoVirtualCard, and ecoPayz MasterCard.
ecoPayz has been around for the last 20 years and enjoys the trust of millions of consumers from different parts of the world.
How to Use ecoPayz as a Casino Payment Method
• You have to first set up an ecoAccount, which is free, easy, and takes just a few minutes.
• Then sign up at an ecoPayz online casino that accepts NZ players.
• Top up your ecoAccount using any of the payment methods that the service supports.
• Visit your NZ ecoPayz online casino’s banking section, type your deposit amount, and choose ecoPayz as your payment method.
• The system directs you to the ecoPayz website, where you can log in and complete the transaction.
• ecoPayz supports withdrawals, so you can easily use it to withdraw your winnings from your NZ casino account.
• Safe, secure, and easy to use
• Use ecoPayz on your Android or iOS device
• ecoPayz helps you to keep track of your gambling activities and gamble responsibly
• ecoPayz transactions are fast
• ecoPayz is not a free service, and you may feel that the fees are hefty.
• You may have to wait up to two business days for your casino winnings to reflect in your account.
• ecoPayz offers its services in multiple levels. Upgrading to higher levels is expensive and time-consuming.
POLi is a local online payment service for Aussies and Kiwis. It allows you to transfer funds directly from your online bank account to your casino gaming account. The fund transfer is safe, secure, instant, and free.
Using POLi as a Casino Payment Method
• Sign up at an NZ online casino that offers POLi
• Navigate to the banking section and choose POLi as your casino payment method.
• Choose your NZ online bank.
• POLi allows you to log in to your online bank account and complete the transaction.
• You will receive a confirmation as soon as the deposit hits your account.
POLi has tied up with all major NZ banks, such as the following:
• Kiwi Bank
• The Cooperative Bank
• You don’t need a credit card to use POLi, but you do need a bank account.
• POLi doesn’t charge consumers for using its services.
• POLi transactions are instant.
• It is safe, secure, and easy-to-use casino banking option.
• Use POLi on desktops as well as Android and iOS devices.
• POLi does not support casino payouts.
PaySafeCard is a prepaid voucher service that allows you to quickly, safely, and securely top-up your casino gaming accounts. You don’t have to create an account at PaySafeCard to use its services. However, you have the option to do so. You can use your PaySafeCard account as an online wallet and to keep track of all the vouchers you have purchased.
Use the “find an outlet” feature on the PaySafeCard website to find a sales outlet that sells the vouchers. You can purchase the vouchers for NZ$10, 20, 50, and 100. Use the 16-digit PIN on the PaySafeCard voucher to make deposits at the online casino.
• Create an account at a PaySafeCard casino and log in.
• Navigate to the banking section and choose PaySafeCard as your preferred payment option.
• Enter essential details such as deposit amount and the 16-digit PaySafeCard PIN.
• Your deposit will be deducted from your voucher and added to your gaming account.
• PaySafeCard is secure and easy to use.
• The service is ideal for players who want to deposit smaller amounts and control their casino spending.
• PaySafeCard is free to use; neither the online casino nor PaySafeCard charges you for depositing with a voucher.
• PaySafeCard does not support payouts.
• The method is not good for high rollers as you cannot deposit larger amounts.
Bank Transfer is the oldest and most secure way to transfer funds from your bank account to the merchant’s account. Usually, online casinos offer bank transfer as a payout-only method although some of them allow you to use it for deposits.
Using Bank Transfer as a Casino Payment Method
• Visit your Bank Transfer online casino and log in.
• Choose Bank Transfer as your casino payment method.
• Provide essential details such as deposit amount, SWIFT code, account number, and others.
• Your deposit will soon reflect in your gaming account.
Follow the same procedure to withdraw your winnings. Provide your bank details to the online casino and wait for your winnings to be deposited in your account.
• Safe and reliable
• High transaction limits, which makes the method good for high rollers
• Supports both deposits and payouts
• You can use it only if you have a bank account.
• Bank transfer transactions take a long time; you may have to wait up to seven days for the funds to reach your account.
• You may not feel comfortable about disclosing your bank details to the online casino.
Bitcoin is a digital currency, which you can use as a payment method. The currency has no physical existence, available only as virtual coins on easily accessible public ledgers. Uncontrolled by any government or financial institution, Bitcoin serves as the ideal casino payment method for players residing in grey jurisdictions.
The best thing about Bitcoin is that you don’t need to understand blockchain technology to use it. You just have to create a Bitcoin wallet and load it with bitcoins. You can do this from your desktop as well as a mobile device. You can now use your Bitcoin wallet to load your casino gaming account and to receive your winnings.
Using Bitcoin is safe as the transactions are stored in public ledgers known as blockchain. Although easily accessible, nobody can modify or make any changes to blockchain transactions.
• Assuming that you have already created a Bitcoin wallet, log in to your Bitcoin NZ casino account.
• Navigate to the cashier section and choose Bitcoin as your preferred deposit method.
• Enter your deposit amount and receive the address of the online casino’s bitcoin wallet.
• Visit your bitcoin wallet and send bitcoins to the online casino’s bitcoin wallet.
• Your deposit will soon reflect in your gaming account.
Bitcoin is popular because it serves as payout method too. When it is time to withdraw your winnings, choose Bitcoin as your preferred payout method. Provide the address of your bitcoin wallet to the online casino. Confirm the information you just provided and wait for your winnings to reach you. You can pay a small fee to receive your winnings faster. If you don’t want to do so, you may have to wait for a few hours to get your payout.
• You don’t have to reveal your financial details to the online casino to use Bitcoin.
• The transactions are fast.
• Bitcoin transactions are also free, but you can pay a small fee to speed them up.
• Only a few NZ online casinos support Bitcoin.
• Bitcoin is highly volatile. So the value of your casino winnings may change by the time they reach you.
In addition to Bitcoin, top NZ online casinos offer a variety of cryptocurrencies such as Ethereum, Dogecoin, Litecoin, Bitcoin Cash, and Tether as casino payment methods.
Cryptocurrencies are virtual or digital currencies. Transactions made using cryptocurrencies are verified by decentralized systems through cryptography.
• Find a cryptocurrency online casino and create an account.
• Log in to your gaming account and visit the banking section of the crypto online casino.
• Enter the amount you wish to deposit either in your chosen cryptocurrency or a fiat currency.
• Click on “Deposit” to receive the online casino’s crypto wallet address.
• Copy the online casino’s crypto wallet address and visit your crypto wallet.
• Enter the amount you wish to deposit and the online casino’s crypto wallet address.
• You have to wait for some time for your transaction to receive a confirmation on the cryptocurrency blockchain.
• It shouldn’t take more than a few minutes to a few hours for your cryptocurrency deposit to reflect in your gaming account.
All cryptocurrencies support withdrawals. When it is time to cashout your winnings, select the cryptocurrency you want to use and provide your crypto wallet address to the online casino. If you want faster confirmations, you may have to pay a nominal fee.
• Cryptocurrency transactions are fact, and the money reaches you in a few minutes to a few hours.
• Cryptocurrencies are not under the control of any government or bank, which makes them ideal casino payment methods in grey jurisdictions.
• You can use cryptocurrencies without having to reveal your bank or credit card details.
• Some NZ online casinos offer generous crypto bonuses.
• As cryptocurrencies are in a stage of infancy, many players are not comfortable about using them.
• Cryptocurrencies are volatile, so the value of your casino winnings may change by the time they reach you.
In compliance with the gambling regulations of their licensing jurisdiction, NZ online casinos complete the required Know Your Customer (KYC) procedures to verify your identity. Moreover, they never process payouts before verifying your account details.
Many of the casinos mentioned on this site receive OnlineGamblers.com compensation from. This can have an impact on how the casinos are presented on our website, and then for example in what order they appear in. The site does not include all casinos or all games available on the market. Please read our Advertising Policy page for more information.
Note: Opinions and statements that appear on the pages are the authors ‘own and not the casinos’, nor have they been assessed or approved by any of our partners.