Do you prefer funding your NZ casino site with electronic wallets? If so, you have a wide range of electronic wallets and online payment solutions to choose from.
Kiwis widely use Skrill, Neteller, and PayPal to fund their online NZ casino accounts and withdraw their winnings. ecoPayz is another widely preferred casino payment method among Kiwis as it allows them to anonymously load their accounts. Moreover, it also supports payouts.
You have to sign up at an ecoPayz NZ casino in order to use it as a payment option. Our team of experts has vetted, reviewed, rated, and recommended several top-rated ecoPayz online casinos for Kiwi players. While doing so, they have considered a variety of factors such as software, licensing, games, mobile compatibility, loyalty rewards, bonuses, promotions, payout speeds, deposit/withdrawal limits, and so on. Our NZ online casinos list, therefore, contains the best NZ casino sites for Kiwi players.
Read our reviews and choose an NZ casino site that best suits your tastes and preferences.
The advantages of using ecoPayz are many, as follows:
• ecoPayz is easy to understand and use.
• NZ online casinos that accept ecoPayz do not charge you for making deposits and withdrawals with ecoPayz.
• Opening an ecoAccount is free of cost.
• You don’t have to reveal your financial details to the online casino while using ecoPayz as a funding option.
• ecoPayz is a safe, secure, licensed, and reputed online payment service.
• NZ online casinos reward players with bonuses and other perks for using ecoPayz as their preferred banking method.
• ecoPayz deposits are instant, allowing you to start playing in seconds.
• Many NZ online casinos offer ecoPayz as a payment method.
ecoPayz is an international provider of online payment solutions that make it easy for consumers to pay for products and services safely, securely, and anonymously. The company has more than 20 years of industry experience to its credit. Moreover, it continuously evolves and upgrades its software and services to provide better services. Also, ecoPayz is known to take consumer feedback seriously.
The following is a brief history of ecoPayz:
• ecoPayz started life as EcoCard in 2000.
• In 2008, its parent company PSI-Pay Ltd received a license from the UK Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). This authorized the company to provide online payment solutions to consumers from all over the world.
• In 2009, PSI-Pay Ltd became a MasterCard member, which made it eligible to issue cards.
• The same year, the company launched its iOS app.
• The next year, ecoPayz introduced round-the-clock customer support in multiple languages.
• In 2013, the company decided that its brand name of EcoCard was no longer adequate. It, therefore, rebranded as ecoPayz with a portfolio of financial products such as ecoPayz Business Account, ecoPayz Merchant Account, ecoCard, ecoAccount, and ecoVirtualcard.
• In June 2015, ecoCard bagged the “Best Prepaid Card Design” award at the Prepaid365 Awards.
• In February 2015, the company launched a new product called ecoVoucher, a new prepaid voucher. ecoVouchers are not available in NZ at the time of writing.
• In August 2016, the company launched a 2-step verification procedure to add an extra layer of protection to transactions.
• In July 2016, the company partnered with Western Union to enable holders of ecoAccounts to send funds instantly to anybody in any part of the world, free of cost.
• In 2018, the company upgraded its mobile apps for iOS and Android.
• In July 2020, ecoPayz launched its ecoPayz MasterCard, which completed replaced its original ecoCard.
ecoPayz offers a wide range of products and services that make it easy for consumers worldwide to pay and get paid for products and services.
Let us have a look at them:
ecoAccounts – Use this electronic wallet to send and receive money at the global level. Opening an ecoAccount is free and takes just a few minutes. What’s more, you can start using your ecoAccount instantly. You don’t even need to be a bank account holder to create and use an ecoAccount. The company also won’t run any credit checks on you.
Your ecoAccount supports 50 currencies and allows you to pay for products and services free of charge. As an ecoAccount holder, you can apply for up to three ecoPayz MasterCards in eight currencies. You can use your card at any store that supports MasterCard. You can also withdraw funds with it at ATMs.
You can upload funds in your ecoAccount using your online bank account, credit/debit cards, local services, or personally from your local bank. Top-up your account using dozens of options such as Trustly, POLi, Neosurf, Visa, ecoVoucher, and others.
You can create an ecoAccount in five levels—Classic, Silver, Gold, Platinum, and VIP. Each has its own benefits, but only holders of silver and higher accounts are eligible to apply for an ecoPayz MasterCard.
Rewards – Holders of ecoAccounts are eligible to claim a variety of offers and participate in lucrative promotions. ecoPayz holds promotions round the year, allowing consumers to win attractive prizes. You will receive details of these promotions through email.
Also, ecoPayz partners with many merchants, including online casinos, so that you can grab some great bonuses and deals every month.
Security – ecoPayz uses the latest security technologies to protect your information and to provide you a safe and secure online payment system. The company automatically encrypts each transaction through the latest Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology or the Transport Layer Security (TLS), based on the capacities of your browser.
Moreover, ecoPayz holds a certificate from the Certification Authority and complies with the Payment Card Industry (PCI) and Data Security Standards (DSS).
The following table gives you an idea of the fees you have to pay for various services at ecoPayz:
|ecoPayz account registration||free|
|Bank wire deposit||0 - 10%|
|Credit card deposit||1.69 - 6% plus NZ$0.43|
|Alternative currency deposit||free|
|Receive/send funds through Western Union||free|
|Bank Transfer||This service is not available to classic ecoAccount holders. It costs NZ$10.13 - 17.17 (Silver, Gold, and Platinum levels) and NZ$4.98 - 12.02 (VIP level).|
|Transferring money to another ecoAccount||Not available at the classic level, free of Gold, Platinum, and VIP levels, and 1.50% or a minimum of NZ$0.86 for Silver level|
|Transfer funds to or from merchants||free|
|Currency conversion fees||2.99%|
|Maintenance fee for ecoAccounts left inactive for 12 months||NZ$2.58 per month|
Also, ecoPayz doesn’t allow you to deposit and withdraw as much as you wish. There are limits in place, and these limits depend on your ecoAccount level and funding/withdrawal options.
If you want to deposit funds into your online casino gaming account with ecoPayz, here is a guide to help you:
• First, set up your ecoAccount. It is free and hardly takes a few minutes.
• Then, choose an ecoPayz NZ online casino from our NZ online casinos list and register an account.
• Log into your casino account and head over to the cashier section.
• Select ecoPayz as your funding option and enter the required information, including your deposit amount.
• The system will transfer you to the ecoPayz website, where you can log into your ecoAccount and complete the transaction.
• Your money will instantly reflect in your casino gaming account.
If you are a high roller, you may find the ecoPayz experience frustrating. The online payments service has several limits in place, preventing you from uploading large amounts of cash to your ecoAccount. This means that you cannot use ecoPayz to deposit a large amount into your casino gaming account. If you find your online casino’s deposit limits as well as ecoPayz’s limits too frustrating, you are better off choosing another banking option.
The following is a guide to withdrawing your winnings from your NZ casino account:
• Visit the banking section of your NZ casino site.
• Choose ecoPayz as your withdrawal method.
• Enter your withdrawal amount.
• The online casino keeps your payout request pending for a day or two, during which it verifies your account details.
• As a part of this verification check, you have to send copies of your identification documents to the online casino.
• You may also have to send screenshots of your ecoAccount to prove that you are its registered owner.
• The online casino then takes 2 – 3 days to process your payout request.
• After the processing period, the online casino credits your winnings to your ecoAccount. This may take 2 – 48 hours.
• Once your money is in your ecoAccount, you can withdraw it to your bank account.
• Once again, you have to remember that NZ online casinos limit your monthly, weekly, and daily withdrawals although they pay progressive jackpots in a lump sum.
ecoPayz is far from the perfect casino payment method, and here are some of its disadvantages:
• ecoAccounts come in several levels, and the services, fees, and limits are different for each level.
• ecoPayz imposes limits on the amount of money you can deposit and withdraw.
• You are eligible for the ecoPayz MasterCard only if you live in Europe and hold a silver ecoAccount or a higher ecoAccount.
• ecoPayz is not a free service; you may have to pay fees for deposits, withdrawals, and currency conversion.
Many of the casinos mentioned on this site receive OnlineGamblers.com compensation from. This can have an impact on how the casinos are presented on our website, and then for example in what order they appear in. The site does not include all casinos or all games available on the market. Please read our Advertising Policy page for more information.
Note: Opinions and statements that appear on the pages are the authors ‘own and not the casinos’, nor have they been assessed or approved by any of our partners.