NZ Casino Payment Methods – Skrill
Skrill is a great NZ online casino payment option for players who don’t feel comfortable with revealing credit card details to the online casino. This electronic wallet and online payments service allows you to fund your online NZ casino account anonymously, instantly, and easily.
You have to create a Skrill account to use its services, but you can rest assured that Skrill won’t reveal any of your personal or financial details to the online casino. In addition, Skrill online NZ casinos offer large bonuses, run lucrative promotions and tournaments, and give away loyalty rewards.
Are you looking for a Skrill NZ online casino? If so, you may stop searching because we have done all the hard work of vetting, reviewing, and recommending top online NZ casinos that offer Skrill as a funding option. You can rest assured that we don’t choose sites at random. Instead, our expert team considers a variety of factors such as ownership, licensing, software, games, bonuses, and so on before reviewing, rating, and recommending NZ casino sites.
We encourage you to read our reviews, choose an online casino that best meets your gaming needs, fund your casino gaming account with Skrill, grab your bonus, and start playing for real money.
Advantages of Using Skrill as a Casino Payment Method
Using Skrill as an NZ online casino payment method has several advantages, as follows:
• Skrill is easy to understand and use.
• The payment option is quick, efficient, and anonymous. You don’t have to reveal any financial information to your online casino while using Skrill.
• All transactions via Skrill are instant.
• All NZ online casinos offer Skrill as a banking option.
• The payment option supports both deposits and withdrawals.
• Skrill online NZ casinos offer plenty of bonuses to their players.
• Skrill rewards you for using its services.
• The company implements the latest security and anti-fraud technologies to create a safe and secure banking environment for its customers.
• Online casinos do not charge you for using Skrill as a funding and withdrawal method.
Skrill – A Brief Overview
Skrill, which was formerly known as Moneybookers, is an electronic wallet and online payments service that allows consumers from all over the world to safely and securely make payments online. The owner of Skrill is Skrill Limited, a company based in the UK and regulated by the UK Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). In 2015, the Paysafe Group, which owns Neteller, an online payment processing service, acquired Skrill.
Here is a brief history of Skrill:
• Skrill started life as Moneybookers Limited on July 27, 2001, in the UK.
• Investcorp acquired Moneybookers in March 2007 for €107 million.
• By 2011, Moneybookers had 25 million active account holders.
• Moneybookers became Skrill in 2013.
• Skrill acquired PaySafeCard, a prepaid voucher service based in Austria, in February 2013.
• CVC Capital Partners acquired Skrill in August 2013 for €600 million.
• In March 2015, Paysafe Group acquired Skrill.
• The same year, Skrill acquired Ukash and merged its services with PaySafeCard.
• Skrill launched its crypto services in June 2018.
• In May 2020, Skrill partnered with A.C. Milan.
Main Features of Skrill
According to the official website of Skrill, here are its main features:
• Skrill allows you to transfer funds to an overseas bank account free of charge.
• Register a free account at Skrill, load it with funds using multiple funding options, and use your Skrill account to shop online and to send and receive money from friends and family members.
• Skrill has plenty of positive reviews and feedback from satisfied customers.
• The service has received a rating of 4.4 over 5 based on 15,320 consumer reviews on Trustpilot.
• Download Skrill’s mobile app for iOS and Android and use it to fund your online casino account on the move.
• Join Knect, Skrill’s loyalty program, and earn rewards for your loyalty and use of Skrill.
• Skrill serves as a cryptocurrency exchange, allowing you to convert fiat currencies into cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ether, Ethereum, Litecoin, and others.
Loyalty Rewards at Skrill – Join Knect, the loyalty program at Skrill, earn points for making transactions and redeem them for cash rewards.
If you join the VIP Club at Skrill, you can enjoy the following benefits:
• Exclusive VIP experiences such as tickets to networking events and major sports tournaments
• Lower fees
• Higher transaction limits, including priority bank uploads
• 24/7 customer support, including dedicated personal account managers for users who have achieved the gold and higher VIP levels
Exclusive Offers – As a result of Skrill’s partnership with several online casinos, those who use Skrill as a casino funding option can grab exclusive casino bonuses, free spins, and casino credits.
The following Skrill transactions are free of charge:
• Receiving funds into your Skrill account
• Using your Skrill wallet to make a payment
• Using Skrill Money Transfer to send money to an overseas bank account
Here are the fees you need to pay for various Skrill transactions:
• A flat fee of 2.5% for depositing funds into your Skrill account using options such as credit/debit cards, Neteller, and PaySafeCard
• 7.50% for withdrawing money to your Visa card and NZ$9.47 for withdrawing money through Swift
• Domestic fund transfers have a fee of up to 2%
• Sending money from one Skrill account to the other has a fee of 1.45%
If your transaction involves a currency conversion, you have to pay an extra fee of 3.99%. However, these exchange rates keep changing. Keep your Skrill account active by logging in and making a transaction once every 12 months. If you fail to do so, Skrill will deduct a maintenance fee of €5 or its currency equivalent from your account every month till your balance hits zero.
The following are the administration fees that Skrill charges:
• Up to €150 for providing wrong information and not cooperating with Skrill
• €25 chargeback fee per chargeback
• €10 attempted cash upload fee
• €150 prohibited transaction fee per transaction
• Up to €25 every time you reverse a wrong transaction
How to Deposit Funds into Your NZ Casino Account Using Skrill
Depositing with Skrill is easier than doing the same with credit/debit cards. Here is a simple guide if you have never done it before:
• First, find a Skrill NZ online casino and create a gaming account.
• Then set up your Skrill account and upload funds into it.
• Log in to your casino gaming account, visit the banking page, and search for Skrill in the list of payment methods.
• Some online casinos may list the option as Skrill/Moneybookers, but most casinos do not use the brand name Moneybookers any more.
• Select Skrill as your preferred funding option.
• Enter your Skrill email address and your deposit amount.
• At this point, Skrill may send a one-time PIN with six digits either to your email address or your registered mobile number.
• Enter this OTP correctly. This security procedure gives your transaction an extra layer of protection by confirming your identity.
• Once you have done this, Skrill will move the money to your gaming account.
• If you have an insufficient Skrill balance, the company will prompt you to make a deposit using any of your registered credit/debit cards.
Neither Skrill nor your NZ online casino will charge you for using the service as a funding option. However, you may have to keep deposit limits in mind. All online casinos have deposit limits, which they may raise for players at higher VIP levels. Your online casino may also allow you to set your deposit limits as part of its responsible gambling policy.
Skrill deposits are instant, enabling you to start playing with real money at the earliest possible.
How to Withdraw NZ Online Casino Winnings with Skrill
Are you ready to withdraw your casino winnings with Skrill? Here is the guide to doing so:
• Navigate to your online NZ casino’s banking section and choose Skrill as your preferred payout option.
• Enter your Skrill email address and your withdrawal amount.
• You don’t have to go through Skrill’s security procedure or log into your Skrill account to withdraw your winnings.
• Your online casino will keep your payout request pending for a day or two.
• During this time, you can reverse your payout request and spend the money on the games.
• During the pending period, your online casino will verify your identity. As part of this verification procedure, you have to submit to the online casino copies of your identification document and a screenshot of your Skrill account page to prove that you own your Skrill account.
• The online casino then takes another day or two to process your request.
• After the processing time, you may have to wait 2 – 48 hours for your winnings to arrive in your Skrill account.
While making a Skrill withdrawal, you have to consider your online casino’s withdrawal limits. NZ online casinos do not allow you to withdraw more than a certain amount per day, week, or month. You may find this a hassle if you a high roller who bets and wins large amounts of cash. However, most NZ online casinos raise these limits for players who have achieved higher VIP levels.
Once your casino winnings are safely in your Skrill account, you may withdraw it using Bank Transfer or Visa credit cards. But remember that this takes a few days. Moreover, Skrill charges fees for this service.
What are the Disadvantages of Using Skrill?
Skrill has the following disadvantages:
• You have to set up a Skrill account to use its services, and you may find this to be a hassle.
• Skrill is not a free service; it charges a variety of fees as mentioned above.
• If you leave your Skrill account unused, you will have to pay monthly maintenance fees.
• Before withdrawing money from your Skrill account, you have to verify your account by providing government-issued IDs.
Skrill NZ Online Casinos FAQs
What is Strong Customer Authentication?
This adds an extra layer of protection to your Skrill transactions by confirming your identity before processing your transactions. The feature is similar to Verified by Visa and MasterCard SecureCode.
Can I receive money on Skrill even if I don't have a Skrill account?
Is it possible to avoid currency conversion fees on Skrill?
What is the Skrill prepaid MasterCard? Is it available to NZ players?
Unfortunately, the Skrill prepaid MasterCard is not available to customers residing in non-EU countries. This means that it is not available to NZ players.